Open Call For Applications
Remix ⟷ Culture has received a grant to conduct a project in Chefchaouen around Rhoum Bakkali’s all-women Sufi ensemble. The project will take place in October and November 2019, bringing together field recording, filmmaking, community-building, and remixing.
More info on the overall project here.
We are accepting applications for a videographer who will capture footage needed for our “making of” documentary at the end of the project.
- Film high quality footage of all key moments of the project - more than enough to edit into a 10-minute documentary which will tell the whole story of our project. The key here is to film footage that will:
- reveal the most interesting behind-the-scenes moments - moments of difficulties, joy, connection, surprise
- captivate our audiences with emotional connection to the musicians, the local aspiring filmmakers (LAFs), the Remix ⟷ Culture team, and the community of Chefchaouen
- draw the audience in and make them feel that they’re on this journey with us
- Accompany the project director and other participants in the project during the key phases of the project, including:
- Late September - Preliminary trip to Chefchaouen to meet the musicians, the LAFs, and visit the locations where the work will be conducted
- October (1st week): Classroom workshop with local aspiring filmmakers
- October (2nd week): Hands-on workshop at various locations where the LAFs will be shooting footage for their mini-documentaries
- October (2nd week): Music video shoot with the entire Remix ⟷ Culture team and Rhoum Bakkali’s ensemble
- October (3rd week): Editing workshop where the LAFs will be editing their mini-documentaries
- Late November: Return trip to Chefchaouen to prepare for the presentation of our work
- Late November: Final presentation event (screenings of LAFs’ mini-documentaries and music performances by Rhoum Bakkali’s ensemble and HAT)
Note: it will not be necessary to be on site for the whole period of late September to late November - we will agree upon the most important dates where you will be needed in each phase of the project.
- Must already be in Morocco during the project dates
- At least 1 year of experience filming “making of” or behind the scenes or other related documentary footage
- Must have your own DSLR (or similar) video camera, lens(es), on-camera microphone (to capture clear audio), and accessories
- Must be a pleasure to work with
- Must commit to a detailed schedule agreed upon with the project director prior to accepting the assignment (again, it will not be necessary to be on site for the whole period of late September to late November - we will agree upon the most important dates where you will be needed in each phase of the project).
+ Preferred Qualifications
- Experience filming live music
- 6000 Dirhams paid upon completion of work. Possibility of negotiating higher payment, depending on your qualifications, the amount of days / nights you're able to commit, and our lodging costs on your behalf. Payment will be contingent on the filmmaker showing up and performing the work on every agreed-upon day
- Name credits in all films released by the project for which the filmmaker played a role
- (If not already residing in Chefchaouen), accommodation provided for all days on assignment
- 1 meal provided for each full day worked
+ How to apply
Click the Apply Now button below to complete and submit your application.
September 21st, 2019